To help you get a better night sleep, there are foods that you can eat to help you drift off to sleep easier. For example, studies have shown tart cherry juice and jasmine rice, and the nutrients in fish, yogurt, whole grains, kale, bananas, chickpeas and fortified cereals to lead to a more restful night’s sleep. With these key ingredients in mind, try this healthy recipe to help you sleep more soundly.
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 portions of fish, choose your favourite
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- Jasmine rice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. In an oven-proof dish, line it with a piece of baking paper and coat with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon zest, almonds, dill, 1 tablespoon oil, a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place fish on the prepared baking sheet and spread each portion evenly with 1 teaspoon mustard.
- Press the almond mixture onto each piece of fish.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake the fish for 7–9 minutes, or until opaque in the center.
- While the fish is cooking, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in kale, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and season with pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the kale is just wilted. Cover to keep warm.
- Serve the fish with the kale, and for an extra sleepy addition, try adding a side of Jasmine rice to the meal.
Do you have a sleepy time recipe to share or did you enjoy making this one? Add your comments to the discussion below!